Monday, May 3, 2010

Retail Therapy

So my best friend Holly and I went shopping yesterday and had a blast. Nothing like spending money to make you feel better.

I bought some Mother's Day gifts and a couple of things I needed. The clothes I bought are the purchases I want to talk about tho. As you may know I am a nurse. I spend quite a bit of time in scrubs. Since I have lost so much weight (60 pounds) many of my white pants just hang off me.

I was kind of reluctant to buy new ones because it becomes expensive. I started in a 4x and am in a 2x now. I can't buy pants for every size I go through. Yesterday we went to the uniform store, Holly has a serious scrub addiction. I decided to try on the XL pants. Surprise, surprise they fit. A little tight in certain places but not bad at all.

The great thing about it is I can wear them for a long while and now I wont look so messy with my crotch hanging to my knees. :P

We also went to a store I had never tried before that carries plus sized clothes. And I was surprised that they were cute. We looked for awhile, I did not expect to spend anything because I had already spent enough, but I like to try clothes on. Especially now while I'm losing weight. It's just fun to see what I can fit into now.

Well I found a cute pair of jeans on sale. They were a size 18. NO WAY were they going to fit but I thought "what the hell". And guess what they did fit!!! I just had to buy the first pair of 18s that fit.

It was a good day. BTW if you have not seen Back-up Plan go see it right this minute!!! That movie is hilarious!!! So funny I almost peed my pants.....Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment