Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Work Day....

Ok, as I have said before I am a nurse. I don't work full-time because I can make more working per diem. And well because I don't want to!!! lol. (I am the first person to admit I am lazy). Anyway they call me when they need me and I say whether I want to work or not. Sometimes this gets me in trouble but I also like it because I want to go back to school in the fall.

I work mostly the evening shift. 2p-10p. I love it. I have never been a morning person and doubt that will ever change. I like being able to stay up at night and sleep in. That said, these hours don't lead towards a healthy lifestyle.

I worked Monday, Tuesday and I have to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Mon and Tues. I got up at 9am, had breakfast, went to the gym, ate lunch, got ready for work, went to work. Monday I ate a lean cuisine meal during my lunch break at 6pm. Good right? No because then I came home and had the dinner my gram cooked. Steak and mashed potatoes. And then BTW I had another piece of meat. Gross. That is what I am thinking of myself right now. How gross am I that I did that to myself. I need to let it go. So Tuesday I had the same morning routine. For lunch I took a granola bar, a sugar-free jello, and a mandarin orange. I figured if I was going to eat when I got home then I would snack healthy during my lunch break.

Well I was so busy I didn't get a break, but I did eat the jello and bar on the run. When I got home at 1130pm I had a lean cuisine meal, a small piece of cheese, and one serving of these low fat cracker things(very good). Not a bad day.

Here is my dilemma. I shouldn't be eating that late. I don't go to bed for a few hours after but still. I don't think its good. And every time I try to eat dinner at work, I come home starving and eat another meal. I don't know what to do. Right now I am thinking I should stick with Tuesdays plan. It might not be healthy but it is the lesser evil. Any suggestions? I'll take any help I can get.

This has always been an issue for me. I am afraid it is going to mess up my weigh-in tomorrow. When I am not working my eating is right on target. It must be a mental thing. I guess the scale will speak tomorrow. In the meantime enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment